Just got a Vortex Strikefire for my Beretta Neos, plan on using it to shoot some bullseye, I’ll report back once I’ve been to the range.
This is the design of the tower which I am building to house my printers. Misumi offered $150 credit to first time customers, and I took advantage of this offer to acquire a buttload of 20x20mm extrusion. Alas freight shipping on 4meter lengths was annoying, so it wasn’t as good of a deal as 1meter would have been.
Just got the latest part for my Mossberg 590A1 – a 28″ Mossberg 835 accu-choke barrel. Fits perfectly, and should make for a decent trap gun once I get the choke in for it. I plan on pulling the back ghost ring when I’m using it in this configuration. It’s not something Mossberg advertises, but the 835 barrels fit the 6 round tube 590 series (If you’ve got the 9 round tube you’re SOL).
My printer has a camera connected to it and my slicing software generates Gcode to take a picture at every layer change in a print. Yesterday I noticed that the camera was not taking pictures. When I looked at the display, I realized why. It had run out of storage space. It only has an 8GB card, but I’d never come close to filling it before. I guess my machine is a better photographer than I am.
Today I sat down with iMovie and turned all those pictures into timelapse videos and posted them to youtube.
For your enjoyment:
This is the first person mini I have painted. People are a lot harder than objects. I tried a darker recess on the pants to mimic shading and I think it came out well. The shape of the head at the hairline (fuse point on the plastic) is a little skewed so it looks a little off, but I think I did a decent job on the face, at least for the first try. This mini took close to 4 hrs to complete due to far more detail, double the time of the others.
I painted this mini in a total of about 2 hrs. I used basic brown paint for the coat of the rat and created pink for the tail. I had to mix both gray colors for the stone using a small detail brush and tooth pick for the crevases. The eyes were painted black using the head of a needle because it was so small. The teeth were colored also with a toothpick and used a yellow bone color. There was a little bit of layering and I tried to use a two toned look on the brown coat using a light coating of watered down lighter brown to get at the tiny raised portions. Overall, not bad, but it is tedious and I may need a lot more practice. The use of my headlamp magnifier was very helpful, providing extra light and great magnification for the crevases.